Friday, June 29

Randomness

1. Evan will only talk to me on the phone for three seconds. He talked to his dad yesterday for 2 hours (okay, that may be an exaggeration).

Our conversation this morning went like this:

Evan: I'm eating bacon.

Me: Mmmmm, that sounds like a good breakfast. Did Grandma make you eggs too?

Evan: Mom, that's too much talking. Bye.


Okay, it was a little longer than that, but mostly, that was it. He did tell me he was going to "kick my butt" and that he was going to go feed the ducks.


2. Night before last, I spent the evening with my friend Cecila and her daughter Celina, and Celina's two children. We went to dinner, and shopping at IKEA, and then came back to my house. Little Cecila gave us a violin recital. It was sooooo fun to watch a little 8 year old create music that I recognized!

3. Celina just changed jobs. Her new job is promoting a triathlon for novices (that means SLOWER and SMALLER). My friend Ricci and I are going to do it! I just need to talk Mark into it now. He was a runner AND a cyclist before we met, so I don't think it will take much. I wonder if Sara (my sister) will do it too?? Hmmmm.

4. I came home tonight and ran on the treadmill. Okay, I jogged. For 4 minutes. And I thought I might die. BUT I didn't stop, well, I stopped jogging after 4 minutes, but I walked REALLY fast for 15 more minutes. I figure I will slowly work my way up to jogging for 15 mins... that's my goal for the next week. My plan to reach that is to be on the treadmill for 20 minutes twice a day, and just keep pushing harder. I think once I reach 15 mins, it will get easier... At least that's what I tell myself! HA!

3 comments:

CK Photo said...

I am sure you can do it.

Just Me said...

Gotta Love kids...and I've toyed with the idea of a mini triath myself...does your friend have a web page?

Kathy said...

It seems to be the season of "get my body back." I'm all into the working out now, too.

You can do it!

Most Popular Posts