Once again, I have proven just how mean I am. (Really, it's easier to just accept it, I am not a nicey nice person.... I fully embrace my bitchy side.)
Evan has been picking up some of his dad's bad habits... namely, being a picky eater. I refuse to allow it.
Earlier this week, we were watching one of my favorite PBS shows... Zonya's Health Bites... and she was making wraps... and used hummus as the spread. Evan said "MOM! That looks so good! Can you make that for me??" So I said SURE!
Today was grocery day, and I had completely forgot... Until Evan reminded me...and he SPECIFICALLY asked for the hummus.
I made him a wrap for lunch... I let him pick all the things he wanted on it.... and I let him try the hummus BEFORE I put it on. He was allllll for it. Excited even. Then he took 1 bite, and ate his jello and left the wrap on the table.
I put it in the fridge.
He said he was hungry around two.
I pulled out the wrap.
He didn't touch it and went to play with Legos.
I put it in the fridge.
Around 4 he said he was hungry.
I pulled it out... he didn't touch it... and I put it back.
It's now almost 7, and guess who's hungry?
And guess what is now sitting on the counter.
It's a battle of wills at the point. I told him he could eat it now, or eat it for breakfast, but he wasn't getting anything else until it was gone.
I will win. I'm more stubborn than mean. Just ask my mom.
*** Update ***
He ate it at about 8. He didn't do it quietly, but he did eat it. There was a lot of "gagging" but I completely ignored him until he was done, and then asked if he would like anything else to eat.
Friday, May 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Popular Posts
-
Sometimes, I hate people. People I don't know, but that I judge by my thirty second interaction with them. Yes this is an angry road r...
-
Once again, I have proven just how mean I am. (Really, it's easier to just accept it, I am not a nicey nice person.... I fully embrace m...
-
Poop is EVERYWHERE. Well, at least that's how I feel this morning. My son, my darling son, has issues with poop. He doesn't poop on ...
-
1. Evan will only talk to me on the phone for three seconds. He talked to his dad yesterday for 2 hours (okay, that may be an exaggeration)....
-
This is honestly the best ice cream I have ever ever ever had. Seriously. If you like chocolate... even a LITTLE... you need to try this...
6 comments:
NOW I know why I like you! We have a connection...a stubborn one! LOL!
Keep it up! Don't give in, and it WILL pay off. Alex is a hugely picky eater too, but we've made him try new things and he's 100x better than he would have been if we'd have just left him alone!
LOL...I should really try this with my 3 year old..thanks for the idea :) Keep us updated as to if he ate it or is still going hungry. haha
So how long exactly are you willing to go on? How long before the Hummus "should" be discarded?? haha, good luck. I've seen my share of strong willed children. Have fun. I guess the bright side, he's not complaining or throwing fits about it, he's just quietly rejecting it. haha.
Well, my daughter, getting married, living away from home, planning your own life, being the boss of the house, teaching your children correct ideas, who would have thought you would come this far? You truly are a great mom.
It must have been that moose, caribou, bear and deer and other wild meat that made you the woman you are.
But HUMMUS? Your Mom says it is a bean material that has already been through the process once. You would never have stood still for pre-ate beans.
Poor Evan probably was bloated all night. His poor little stomach churning and bubbling up into his esophagus and the little tyke doing all he could to hold it down for fear of having to eat another HUMMUS wrap.
I bet he wishes he had a faithful dog who could have been under the table waiting for his master to give him part of his wrap.
I think I remember my girls handing the dogs food under the table also. Somehow it seems as if food that wasn't desired would just disappear.
I think as a grandpa, I need to bring him a Great Dane for a gift. It's kind of humorous to watch a Great Dane eat Hummus.
I love love love your dad's comment to this one! I think a great dane would do the trick, good idea grandpa!!
Post a Comment